From: Nicolai Josuttis (nicolai.josuttis_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-05-29 05:51:16

Valentin Bonnard wrote:

> In my preferred editor (emacs), .h is reconized as a C
> file, and colored as such. For a C++ file it gives
> funny results. OTOH, .H is considered to be a C++ file.
>
> Of course it isn't crucial, but should we use .H headers
> files ?
>
> --
>
> Valentin Bonnard

> eGroups Spotlight:
> "Military Spouse Unlimited" - Participate in this support group for
> military spouses of on-duty servicemen and women.
> http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/118
>
> eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost

NO!
After all these years I am quite sure that the best portable extension
is .hpp.
Note that .h and .H are the same on OSs that are case-insensitive.
In addition, some PC products require .hpp.
And, of course, we should NEVER use .h or no extension
because you can't find and handle those files in operation systems.
You might argue that this is their fault but as we need a portable extension
anyway in pratice .hpp seems to be widely used and the best.

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis
Solutions in Time