From: Steinar Bang (sb_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-02 03:18:21

> At 09:28 AM 6/1/99 +0200, Nicolai Josuttis wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> It looks like .cpp and .h are the most common file types.
>>> Like-it-or-not they are the de facto standards.

>> I hope not!

> Well, if Steinar Bang's survey is to be believed (and it certainly
> reflects my personal experience) .h at 55% looks a lot more common
> than .hpp at 6%.

Hm... for the record, please note that
 1. I personally wasn't too happy with the results, since it meant
    that I had to agree to drop .hh and .cc in favour of .h and .cpp :-/
 2. The survey was done almost three years ago. Things may have
    changed since then

During the discussions we had back then, someone mentioned that MSVC++
had problems when using other extensions than .h and .cpp. What
specific problems I don't know, and have never tried to get verified.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost