From: Alexandre Karev (Alexandre.Karev_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-10-14 11:01:10

> Alexandre Karev wrote:
>
> > An answer for a first one is - to avoid to be dependent on the
> > include file order.
>
> That's preciselly a non-answer.
>
> > For example. If the order in Your tests will be
> >
> > #include <algorithm>
> > #include <functional>
> > #include <iostream>
> > #include <vector>
> >
> > everything goes fine (this order from compose1.cpp, BTW).
> >
> > But You have:
> >
> > #include <iostream>
> > #include <vector>
> > #include <algorithm>
> > #include <functional>
> >
> > In this case somewhere in depth I got ptrdiff_t undefined.
>
> That is the proof that one of these headers is broken.
>
> --
>
> Valentin Bonnard

        Hello, Valentin!

        Yes, I can't resist and I know were this problem coming from (8->.

        Of course if Your program explicitly not using any typedefs
        You don't need to take care about that definitions(s).

        STLport maintainer has to be informed about, but as temporary fix
        of this problem just include <cstddef> as first one and that's it.

        Sorry if my previous mail was not so precise as it should be.

        Thanks for Your attention and with best wishes, Sasha.

---
 Alexandre Karev  EP/CERN  Alexandre.Karev_at_[hidden]
"The most difficult thing is to prove the evident".
                                       Folk wisdom.