From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-03 10:57:03

Hi,

> The biggest problems I've had is that there is so much you want to
> abstract
> that reusing the code becomes highly laborious (*lots* of associated
> class
> definitions).

You have to abstract quite a lot of stuff out of the algorithms. It is
necessary to keep them general. Actually, I'm not sure whether GGCL
already abstracts everything it should or whether the abstractions are
really appropriate... Using adaptors, forwarding functions, default
arguments, etc. can help in the actual use, though.

Did anybody get another response from me discussing the GGCL approach
and giving details of a different one? I have sent them yesterday but
I haven't seen it on the list... If nobdoy has seen it, I will resent
it
as soon as I'm at the computer from which I have sent it...