From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-21 07:17:23

Steve,

>will work. In [Deducing template arguments from a type] (14.8.2.4), para
9
gives us a list of matchable forms, one of which is "cv-list T". I take
this to mean that "X<const int>" will match both specializations, and
neither is more specialized than the other, resulting in ambiguity. Is
this
correct?<

That paragraph lists those template types that are capable of being deduced
- it does not say that all deducable forms are equivalent.

As a matter of practice I know of no compilers that treat A<T> and A<const
T> as the same type - and IMO it would be a bug if they did.

- John.