From: Boris Fomitchev (fbp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-06 17:14:11

Aleksey, your method should work ( I would still check this
addding printout statements).
No matter how wonderful such a method is and how useful
it could be to implement, say, synchronized containers,
my point was that using mutexes to synchronize shared_ptr
reference counting is a huge overkill - instead of changing
one instruction from simple increment to atomic one,
you would _add_ new data members and mutex syncronization
which is much more that atomic increment. Also, shared_ptr
does not neeed to be fully synchronized, only assignment does.

-Boris.