From: Andreas Scherer (as_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-15 13:53:39

beman dawes <bema-_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The issue with proportional fonts isn't whether or not the source
> file is portable between systems, but rather is it still clearly
> understandable to a human reader (who is likely to use a different
> font, with tabs characters affecting spacing differently than on the
> creating system).

Oh, now I see your point. However, as pointed out by another poster,
as long as you use "TABs only" for indenting, the result _will_ be OK
for other users on the same and on different systems. (Of course, it
would be nice to mark your personal TAB width setting somewhere in the
comment section.)

--
Andreas