From: Gavin Collings (gcollings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-17 03:56:27

> 2) template versions of assignment and copy construction functions
must be
> defined before the non-template versions. -- ( weird ) compile error

This rings a bell with me. In fact, IIRC, it seems quite happy to
generate the default versions from member template versions (which it
shouldn't) - this is even the case for its own _com_ptr_t<>. I can't
remember ever getting it to work reliably (there may have been some
interaction with the 'compile-and-do-nothing' bug), and I seem to
remember having serious doubts as to whether the non-template versions
were ever called at all.

Gavin