From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-30 17:05:16

on 4/30/00 5:39 PM, Aleksey Gurtovoy at alexy_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> I have two questions remaining:
>> 1. Is this worth all the complication (it is *very* complex)?
>
> It's the hardest question, I think. I think the answer depends on how
> painful for users will be removal of two-type templates' versions with the
> names without '2' at the end. Probably we should ask them publicly and then
> take a decision.

Note that not having the 2-argument versions might prevent certain kinds of
generic code... not that I can really anticipate a concrete use. The point
is that right now, you can write multipliable<T, U> and it will work even
when T == U.

That's really the only argument I can see that would carry much weight.

-Dave