From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-05-07 14:32:08

Here's a proposal for the requirements for boost compatible
licenses:

1. Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software
  for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.

2. Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software
  source.

3. May not require that the license appear with executables, etc.
  that use the library and may not require that the source code
  also be available.

4. May contain restrictions about what is considered the
  "Standard Version" of the library. The version available
  at the boost cite would be the "Standard Version".
  (similar to clauses in the artistic license)