From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-14 19:03:50

At 03:06 PM 5/13/00 -0700, Dietmar Kuehl wrote:

>--- Beman Dawes <beman_at_[hidden]> schrieb: > At 03:29 PM 5/13/00
-0400,
> > Another idea: this table might be expanded into a "Library Status
>> Table" by a adding columns showing compilers known to work, and
not
>> work, with this library.
>
>This sounds good. However, instead of listing the library status in
the
>table, it might point to a suitable page where several status
>information is collected:
>
>- compilers known to work/not to work
>- unresolved bugs (yeah, occasionally, bugs creep into software)
>- future perspective gained from discussions, ie. extension wishes
>- links to past releases, etc.

That's a good idea! But it doesn't have to be one way or the other.
The main table can be on the boost site (and thus every library is
guaranteed to have at least a minimal status entry) and it can
contain a link to more status information should the author want to
make that available.

>My favorite place for things like these would be in the Vault but I
>think this is only accessible to group members and thus not really
>useful for people who just want to use this stuff...

We do have the option of making the files (previously the vault)
available to the public. I would have to think about that, and get
other opinions.

--Beman