From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-25 21:13:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Berlin" <dan_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: RE: [boost] Python/C++ interface code

> I looked at it, and I tried converting a few small pieces from CXX 4.2
(From
> sourceforge, Python-C++ connection) to your library, and yours is just
much
> harder to use.

!!! Man, that was fast !!!

It's also strange. I've been in communication with Barry Scott, the CXX
maintainer about this technology. He expressed great interest, in part
because it seemed to make some things much easier. One big advantage over
what's available in CXX is that you don't have to do manual function
argument conversion. Another is that you can override your C++ class'
virtual functions in Python.

> Then again, I use CXX extensively inside our app (a
> Development environment) to expose pieces to python,

Cool! I've always thought that more applications should be scriptable. Now
that I've found Python, I know *what* they should be scripted with.

> so maybe i'm just
> biased having used it more.

Maybe. Or maybe you were looking at the wrong part of the py_cpp code?

-Dave