From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-30 17:39:38

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "Dave Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> Can Loki be broken into
> pieces that can be easily digested, or is it an all-or-nothing
> monolith?

Maybe what makes me happiest about Loki is that it's at the opposite
spectrum of frameworks - components are lean and mean, and can be
used in total separation, yet can be put together to work in higher
level structures. (This is due to type independence - Loki considers
fixed types as bad as regular programming considers hardcoded
constants.)

A piecewise submittal makes a lot of sense. It's only a couple of
amenities that are used throughout all of the lib: typelists, traits.
I think I should submit those first.

> Also, would you be willing to help review some of the
> pending libraries, in particular those that overlap yours in
> functionality? That would help us evaluate which one to choose in
> those areas.

Alas, for now I'm overwhelmed with working on the book. Maybe later...

Andrei