From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-02 09:19:30

While I don't have anything to say about functional's code, I do wish to
note that it's functionality is completely encased in the lambda and
expression libraries. Which leads to the question, are we going to support
multiple solutions to the same problem?

  With things like random number generators, or smart pointers (unless Loki
proves to be the single solution) there appear to be multiple variants each
tailored to a specific problem. Here functional is an improvement to the
bind1st/2nd code of the standard library. Whereas expression and lambda
libraries fix the more general problem of bind3rdto4th.

  -Gary-