From: Branko Èibej (branko.cibej_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-09 07:17:26

Peter Dimov wrote:

> > I think we need to be prepared to treat SMP synchronization with a separate
> > value of BOOST_MT. Non-SMP synchronization could in theory be much more
> > efficient.
>
> But SMP vs non-SMP is not a compile time decision, is it?

It _could_ be. Some processors that are widely used in SMP environments
are also widely used in embedded environments (e.g., PPC), for which you'd
definitely want to choose the more efficient implementation at compile time.

    Brane

--
Branko Èibej                 <branko.cibej_at_[hidden]>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia