From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-29 13:22:58

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Paul Moore wrote:

> That's it. I can't ssh, I can't do the CVS protocol, I can't even resolve
> names outside our local internet (ping www.boost.org gives "unknown
> hostname").
>
> Can we just assume that there is a class of people for whom FTP and web
> browser access are the only options? I don't begrudge others CVS access, but
> I also don't think that people who can't use the CVS access should be
> disadvantaged.

It is very possible to create daily snapshots with the CVS tags in place
And make them accessible via FTP or WWW. Actually committing code would be
a problem however, you will have to send a patch to someone else to
commit. You can't telnet or (non-anonymous) FTP to your sourceforge
account for security reasons. I personally suggest you get you admins to
provide ssh forwarding. If you can do that then it is very likely you can
use CVS to commit as it will be over ssh.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/