From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-06-29 16:56:44

attached mail follows:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:

> So after looking at SourceForge, what was your feeling about it? The
> Boost group I work with is thinking about using it, so I'm collection
> opinions :)

I think that I would recomend a "yes" vote. It seemed to be nice and
offered a lot of tools. Not all of the tools are useful (IMHO) -- by
default, if enables all the tools, so you might want to disable some of
them (e.g. the patch manager -- who the hell does patches these days?).
And so on. It has nice bug tracking, gives you lots of resources (e.g.,
the compile farm), etc., etc.

The only thing that I *didn't* like about it was the mailing list web
archives -- I thought they kinda sucked; no threading, no searching, etc.
But you already have web lists setup, so that's probably not an issue.

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres_at_[hidden]
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"