From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-23 10:07:55

This is mature and portable work which I hope we can capitalize on! I
remember when it was started originally over a year ago. Now that we're
getting seriously interested in template metaprogramming this work should
get used.

BTW, a build system for boost is currently in progress. I hope we'll be able
to support testing examples which are *supposed* to cause compilation
errors.

Finally, I want to make a last-ditch plea to consider other naming
conventions than "meta_" for this stuff. "Meta" is an extremely generic term
(no fair claiming that's appropriate in this case ;) ) which doesn't do the
facilities descriptive justice. Actually, if we put it all in a
sub-namespace of boost, I don't really care what we call it. Anyone is free
to write:

namespace ct = boost::metaprogramming

in that case, ct::Assert is only one character longer than ct_assert.

(Yes, I realize it doesn't really help in the case of assertions, since we
need a macro).

-Dave