From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-29 14:02:11

Hi everyone,

CVS is working really well now, and it seems to have gotten a lot faster in
the past week, to boot. The SSH validation delay used to be hard to
tolerate, but now it's barely noticeable. The biggest problem I've had
recently is that the CVS documentation doesn't cover my normal usage
patterns in an easy HOWTO format, so I've spent a lot of time poring through
the docs and doing experiments to figure out how to do what I want. I just
found http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/, which includes online chapters that look
excellent and would probably be a considerable help. I think I'll order the
"treeware" version for myself, though. Nonetheless, I think we should start
an HTML page which covers boost CVS development, and in particular
development on branches.

-Dave