From: Andy Sawyer (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-04 04:14:37

On 28 July 2000 16:06, Beman Dawes wrote:

> Action sounds better to me. How about "verify"?

 A certain well know, widely used "class library" (names witheld to protect
the guilty :-) has a macro VERIFY(exp), which is quite the opposite of what
we're doing here - it's effectivly a run-time assertion, but the "verified"
expression still gets evaluated when you turn off "debugging"
(c.f. defining NDEBUG).

 I would suggest that the potential for confusion amongst newer users of
Boost would be large.

Regards,
 Andy

--
Andy Sawyer, Technical Director, Sufficiently Advanced Technology Ltd.
mailto:andys_at_[hidden]        ICQ:14417938        http://www.morebhp.com