From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-09 15:00:10

Dietmar Kuehl wrote:

>--- Beman Dawes <beman_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Please do not copy these extracts to any public location, or
>> otherwise trample the restrictions identified in the posted document.
>
>If we use different wording which (hopefully) has the same meaning,
>this would be OK. Is this correct?

Yes, but we can also probably use their wording. It is a two step
process.

Step 1 is to get their OK to use their wording for boost internal
discussion. We now have that OK.

Step 2 comes after we have some document we want to publish. We look at
it, and if it uses a lot of POSIX definitions, we ask their
permission. (If we only use a few definitions, I assume we can quote them
as "fair-use" if we want to, or we may have rewrite them anyhow, so the
issue never arises.)

> If so, I think this is the path we
>should go because Boost and its documentation should be freely
>available.

Yes, of course. But don't worry now about the details of future
permissions; we have the OK to put the definitions up on the private web
site, and that is all we need now for our technical discussions.

--Beman