From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-30 14:22:16

Hi,

Boost has grown to significant size and different topics of interest
have
emerged. Since our time and possibly also the participation at the
Toronto
Boost Meeting is limited I propose that we decide at least on a
tentative
agenda for this meeting. The agenda might attract people not
participating
in C++ standardization to participate in the Boost discussions. Those
who
cannot attend the meeting might be interested in communicating their
position on the discussed topics prior to the meeting to be taken into
account
by the participants.

Basically, I fear that we will make less progress if we stick to the
more or
less informal mode used at the Kona and Tokyo meetings: Positions had to

be formulated more less on the fly without prepration time to identify
eg.
the crucial differences between the various hash table implementations.
I have some hope that some of the more controversial discussions can be
brought to some agreement if we have some form of potentially competing
proposals for the items under discussion (this might apply to hash
tables
as well as to the multi threading area).

The topics to be discussed would probably depend strongly on the people
participating. For example, I would consider it pretty pointless to
discuss
graph issues if Jeremy does not participate. Thus, it might help if we
could
somehow put together a list of people who are planning to attend the
Boost Meeting.

Just a few thought...
Regards,
  Dietmar