From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-31 10:39:58

In message <8olq2n+n6bo_at_[hidden]>, William Kempf <sirwillard_at_my-
deja.com> writes
>So we may need two atomic types, one for
>an integral type and one for a pointer type.

Or three: sizeof(void *) need not be the same as sizeof(T *) for struct
T. const_string uses char *, and hence would require the void * version.

Or are we going to omit this possibility by assuming that we're not
targeting platforms where sizeof(void *) != sizeof(T *)? This assumption
would certainly be convenient and probably fairly realistic when on the
issue of platform support for sufficiently familiar threading model.

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Ltd mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289