From: Greg Colvin (gcolvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-01 18:39:36

From: Valentin Bonnard <Bonnard.V_at_[hidden]>
> (BTW, I haven't been able to find specific guaranties about
> sig_atomic_t in the C++ standard; are they hidden in the C
> standard ? In particular, is sig_atomic_t()++ guarantied
> to be atomic ?

In 1.9 I find:

   When the processing of the abstract machine is interrupted
   by receipt of a signal, the values of objects with type
   other than volatile sig_atomic_t are unspecified, and the
   value of any object not of volatile sig_atomic_t that is
   modified by the handler becomes undefined.

Make of it what you will, but it doesn't promise very much.