From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-05 09:02:25

In message <8p2til+gkhg_at_[hidden]>, William Kempf <sirwillard_at_my-
deja.com> writes
>> Definitely not ;-) Although, with hindsight I could be persuaded to
>> return to "type".
>
>I like type() better myself, for whatever my opinion is worth.

Must admit that I'm slowly coming round to that view (again) myself.

>><lament>why, oh, why can't we have partial specialization of function
>> templates?!</lament>
>
>I don't know, but it's trivial to work around this. Have the
>template function be a simple wrapper around a functor, which can be
>partially specialized (on those compilers that allow it).

Yeah, the workaround is known, but it's always nicer to work through!

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com