From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-07 11:51:23

My understanding is that its under consideration already. Bill Gibbons has a
"typeof" solution that mimics the one in the Lambda library. Discussions
with Herb Sutter and Bjarne Stroustrup seem to indicate that committee is
aware of the problem and working on it. All of us in the expression template
work need it. And since this information is required by the compiler anyway
it shouldn't too difficult to implement. Said from a person who doesn't
write compilers :>

  You folks going to the Toronto meeting will undoubtedly know more when you
return.

 -Gary-

gary.powell_at_[hidden]