From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-22 15:00:10

John Maddock wrote:

>Borland have just updated their compiler version to 5.51, as a result of
>which we need a minor update to config.hpp, I think that the __BORLANDC__
>section should look like this, ...

I've applied both the 5.5.1 update to the compiler, and made the changes to
config.hpp. Works fine.

>note that BOOST_NO_PRIVATE_IN_AGGREGATE is
>the only define required for bcc32 v5.51.

Congratulations to the folks at Borland! looks like they have made good
progress toward ISO compliance.

>However while testing this, operators_test.cpp would not build with C++
>Builder 4, I don't think that this is a config issue as the problem seems
>to exist with the existing version of config.hpp as well, even though
this
>file is listed as OK on Beman's compatibility chart. Has something
changed
>in operators.hpp to break this, or am I doing something wrong?

Well, it is still working OK on my machine. I have the Builder 4 update 2
applied, if that matters. The compiler reports itself as 5.4.

--Beman