From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-12 16:00:26

Beman Dawes wrote:
> I have a lot of trouble understanding how the boost web site could even
> function without using automated tools. FrontPage (the site maintenance
> tool I use internally to maintain the web site) does quite a large number
> of things for us automatically that would be impractical by hand. And
> because it is a single integrated package, it is very easy to use.

Please differenciate between the fancy GUI-style HTML editor and the
WWW server upload mechanism provided by FrontPage.

> notice from the HTML that comes in from other people that they also often
> use similar tools, rather than just whacking away at HTML by hand.

I'm writing my HTML pages by hand and I'm happy with it. The boost
web site upload procedure seems to be able to grok that, too.

Btw, my random/index.html page is the only one where the top-level menu
items are not only in Arial (which I don't have on Linux, so it comes
out Courier), but optionally also in Helvetica if Arial isn't there.

Jens Maurer