From: Jesse Jones (jejones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-13 19:26:24

I don't think is_pointer is quite right. It's defined like this:

template <typename T> struct is_pointer { static const bool value = false; };
template <typename T> struct is_pointer<T*> { static const bool value =
true; };

But what if the type is "char* const"? It won't match the specialization
because the pointer itself is const. I think there should be a second
specialization that looks like this:

template <typename T> struct is_pointer<T* const> { static const bool value
= true; };

Of course the same applies with volatile, but I dunno if volatile pointers
are at all useful.

  -- Jesse