From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-20 08:36:00

From: "Xavier Warin" <xavier.warin_at_[hidden]>

> Hi Dave,
>
> I've been using CXX for wrapping C++ codes (for numerical parts) but
> we get some problems with the new version.
> Although we get every fonctionality we need ( from Numpy array to
> Blitz++ array for example)
> we have problems because we can only compile on KCC and gcc on
> UNIX machines.
> So before going further with Py++, we want to know if it can be used
> under Windows NT (cywin for example).

I"ve been testing it under Windows2000, so NT should be no problem. I have
found that the Cygwin linker consumes /gobs/ of memory when trying to link
some extension modules. So I suggest MSVC for that platform, believe it or
not. I haven't tested it with Borland's free compiler, and Metrowerks CWPro6
is known to contain a bug that prevents it working (which they have fixed
for the next release).

Regards,
Dave