From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-01 14:17:44

I have been playing with any for awhile now and overall I think it
is great stuff. I'll make more general comments later.

Anyway, one specific problem I have encountered is a compile error in
any_cast with gcc2.95.2 and STLPort-4.0. I get the following error:

 In Function 'ValueType boost::any_cast(const boost::any &)' :
 any.hpp:179: parse error before '>'

178: const ValueType * result =
179: operand.to_ptr MSVC_EXCLUDE(<ValueType>)(
180: MSVC_INCLUDE(static_cast<ValueType *>(0)));

This statement seems fine. Perhaps someone who knows about
gcc compiler quirks can spot the problem.

Jeff
jeff_at_[hidden]