From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-18 16:18:32

> Where is the documentation? Or is ZooLib so easy to use it needs no
> documentation:-?

I regret to say that there is none yet. There is some sample code, at:

http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/samples/index.html

ZooLib grew to the size it did without any doc because it was a private
API meant for the exclusive use of a consultant (Andy Green) and a few
programmers at his client's company.

The lack of doc, though, is my responsibility. Part of my deal with
Andy in working with him to get it released as open source was that I
would write the documentation. I _will_ do this, and I think I'm good
at writing technical doc.

But the last year has been very hectic, what with my wedding and working
like mad to develop a product in ZooLib, and now I've been on the prowl
looking for a new consulting client (hint, hint).

It's likely that I'll find my new client in the next few days and I'll
be able to put some time into writing the doc over the next month or
two. So a manual will come. I'm going to start by writing explanations
of the sample code, and maybe some more sample code, and then start
documenting the classes in depth, as well as tutorials on how to work
with ZooLib.

The plan is to use DocBook to write the documentation in
(http://www.docbook.org). It's an SGML DTD that can be processed to
produce HTML, PostScript or PDF formats, or conceivably any document
format you want. We will also probably set up to use doxygen with
ZooLib, and maybe start inserting JavaDoc-style comments into the source
code that can be processed with doxygen.

So, there's great promise of documentation, but nothing of substance
yet! I'm happy to answer questions though.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com