From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-21 15:58:23

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Actually it is in the vault under 'geometry2d' subfolder. It's not the newest
> version, though. There are two class templates defined there -

pardon. I'm new to the group and did not know that there was a a "vault"
collection attached to the eGroup. Thanks for the pointer! I've got
them now...

Might make another couple of pointers for the FAQ:

  Can I access archived messages? Yes. it is accessible through the
Boost message archive via www.eGroups.com

  Is there any other software availible? Yes. it is accessible through
the Boost file archive via www.eGroups.com

actually the more I look at the above the more my answers look lame, but
I'm sure someone else can come up with better answers ;-)

> [boost::geometry2d::]point<> and rectangle<>. They are worked out pretty well,
> but they reflect my past (more than 6 months old :) understanding of how such
> classes should be implemented, not a current one. I use a slightly different
> version of these classes at my work, and I am still interested in bringing
> them to a state when they'll be useful and general enough for many people to
> consider them as an alternative to their 'home-grown' versions. People dealing
> with computational geometry are certainly a target audience :). I have a
> little shortage of time this week, but I'll upload a new version of the
> "library" on the weekend, along with posting some topics for discussion here..
> you don't have to wait till then, though, to start criticize my current code
> :)

Excelent! I look forward to it...

I doubt that I'll be *criticizing* it much though ;-) I however expect
that I'll try to wrap my head around getting it to address
multi-dimentionality sanely.

Catch ya' down the bit stream...

 EBo --