From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-22 02:04:04

In message <v03110700b641067df0b8@[153.32.222.4]>, Jesse Jones
<jejones_at_[hidden]> writes
>I've uploaded a new version of my callback classes (see the Callbacks2
>directory in the vault). Like Doug Gregor's this version has the nice
>property of not requiring clients to encode the number of arguments in the
>callback class name.

I might be missing something, but why is this a nice property? It seems
to open up the possibility of runtime errors and require that all result
types are default constructible. I don't think either of this, esp the
first point, is really that desirable.

As another point, is there a reason that pointers are restricted to raw
pointers? This restriction is not necessary -- see http://www.cuj.com/ex
perts/1811/henney_x.html which allows other smart object pointers.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com