From: Andreas Scherer (as_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-22 16:36:23

--- In boost_at_[hidden], Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> On a separate note: if you're going to use attachments, do them in
> the proper way.

I am reading this list exclusively via the eGroups web pages, both
from the office and from home. My boost account is configured _not_
to send the mail traffic to either of my e-mail addresses.
Unfortunately, the simple e-mail facility provided by eGroups does not
provide an "attachment" button (correct me, if I'm wrong).

However, after todays "plumbing", eGroup and the Boost web access has
become almost unusable, transmission is stalled often, and the
transfer rate ranges up to 1.9 KB/sec. Given the horrible size of the
eGroup pages, it takes awfully long to read more than a few postings
at a session. Maybe I'll reconsider my Boost access settings.

Sorry for the inconvenience of using once fashionable tools like
uuencode for inline "attachments".

Andreas