From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-24 20:36:59

At 02:09 PM 11/24/2000 -0800, Jesse Jones wrote:

>Readibility is, to me, one of the most important attributes of code and
>there's no question in my mind that "p = NULL" is more readable than "p =

>0". I don't care of every member of the comittee frowns on the practice.
>I'll continue to use NULL outside of boost.

Well, p = NULL is more that just an issue of style, as Greg pointed
out. But even aside from that, I expect most boost authors use somewhat
different coding styles and idioms for their working code than they use for
code which is intended for public consumption. I know I use a different
indentation style, choose and format names differently, and so forth.

But when the code becomes a way of communicating widely, sticking to common
coding styles and idioms pays enough dividends to be worthwhile, IMO.

--Beman