From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-29 03:24:03

Joel Young wrote:

> From: Mark Coletti <mcoletti_at_[hidden]>
> > I have been unable to install the Boost regex library, 1.18.3. I have
> > tried both the gcc.mak make file and running the configure script.
> >
> > When running make on the gcc.mak file, I get the following error:
> >
> > % make -fgcc.mak
> > ', needed by `gcc'. Stop.target `
>
> I am not sure if this is your problem, but all of the BOOST stuff seems
> poisoned by ctrl lfs. Things worked much better after running dos2unix
> on all of the files. ymmv

Actually I found that this problem causes multi-line macros to blow
chunks in GCC/G++. I've been tempted to check and submit a bug report
to the GCC maintainers as a fix to the parser.

Is this just a GCC'ism or do the other *nix compilers also have problems
with this too.

This could make another FAQ Q/A...

  EBo --