From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-30 17:14:20

I just finished testing *all* the STL algorithms for
their concept requirements:

libs/concept_checking/stl_concept_covering.cpp
boost/pending/concept_archetypes.hpp

Anyone interested in STL algorithm requirements, and several of the open
issues for the C++ standard, would probably be intersted in looking at
this file.

What the file does is use the concept archetypes to try to determine what
the minimal requirements are for various STL implementations, so far SGI
STL (as distributed with g++) and the KAI STL (I think that's modified
modena?).

There were several things that surprised me, such as how
using the conditional operator ?: in algorithm implementations affects
the requirements.

Cheers,

Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906