From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-05 07:42:56

> I didn't post it b/c it crashes when I use it with std::stack (the only
> collection I tried) and I haven't had a chance to track it down. Works
fine
> for normal new/delete. Anyway, if you want it, let me know.

Yes, I'd like to see it. Like I said before, I haven't had any experience
in overloading new/delete. I have Scott Myer's book for a guide, but I'd
like to see how you do it.

BTW, the default container for stack<> is vector<>, which would call
operator new(size_t) for a size that is some multiple of the class size.
So, I'd check that your class operator new(size_t) can handle sizes other
than sizeof(*this).

        -Steve