From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-07 15:06:40

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <beman_at_[hidden]>

> It seems to me that there is a useful distinction between larger libraries
> and smaller ones. It makes sense for larger libraries with lots of names
> to be in a sub-namespace. But for small libraries, particularly those of
> very general nature, having a nested namespace doesn't seem like it buys
> much. There are also the compiler issues with nested namespaces.

Though I was the one to have raised it, I don't want organization to suffer
because of a /putative/ compiler issue. The only compiler issues I remember
had to do with importing names from outer->inner or inner->outer namespaces
(I forget which), and I don't have any examples on hand to back up the
argument. There's nothing wrong with 2 levels of nesting as in
boost::python::xxx, AFAIK.

-Dave