From: William Kempf (sirwillard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-19 14:25:06

--- In boost_at_[hidden], Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> I don't think we need to do any build stuff either. Boost is mostly
> template stuff in header files; there is so little concrete stuff
that it's
> pointless to make a library (binary) for it. We could continue to
assume
> that the user is competent enough to handle using a source-code-
only library
> in his or her projects.

Today Boost is mostly template stuff. But regex++ is quite a large
portion of Boost that requires significant building. This is just
one example of the direction in which Boost is starting to move. The
thread library, for example, is going to require significant platform
specific building. We can't ignore this any more.

Bill Kempf