From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-20 08:09:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daryle Walker" <darylew_at_[hidden]>
> Was there anything in the documentation to give the impression of
(standard)
> multiple inheritance?

No; it's just that I knew what your original motivation for doing the
grouping was, and I assumed that part of the answer would have to involve
going back to MI.

> I'm not sure that the inheritance 'breaks' solve the
> over-nesting problem that prompted me to make the grouped templates. The
> chaining was too long when I tried to incorporate my new single templates
> the operatorsX stuff, but I've never gone back to try incorporation again
> using the group system!

That would be worth trying. And if it fixes the problem, you ought to make a
note in the docs about it.

-Dave

P.S. Thank you for being so responsive to criticism on these changes. I
guess library maintenance (and especially growing a library well) is hard!