From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-31 16:00:10

on 12/30/00 7:11 AM, John Maddock at John_Maddock_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I've placed a directory structure proposal (and more) at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/boost/development/m
ore/directory-structure.htm?rev=1.1&cvsroot=boost

> I've tried to keep this requirements led, leading to an eventual
> conclusion.
>
> The file is cvs'ed under boost/development/more, so collaborative
> re-editing, and/or the addition of dissenting/alternative views is
> possible. To put it another way, I'm bound to have forgotten something :-)

I'm not sure what I'm going to say is implicitly covered in the docs. When
I make Boost libraries, or work on an existing one, I make a parallel
directory that only contains the files and directories I'm working on. Then
I adjust my IDE's paths so it grabs my new version of the files before the
current ones. But I don't replicate the other Boost files, so the original
ones are grabbed when I reference a not-worked-on file. (My ZIP files are
based on this.) I wonder if a new structure can keep that idea, since I
don't use CVS.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie