From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-02 07:42:13

>My impression of the first change is that your compiler is correct and
your
>proposed change is probably the best fix.

I'm not surprised that the compiler chokes on that, however according to
14.7.1p2 it does actually look as though this is legal, even though for a
non-template class it would not be (see 8.3.6p5). Whatever let's change
it.

>My impression of the second change is that your compiler is correct and
the
>typename is probably illegal, but that "struct" shouldn't be needed
either.

typename is permitted for all qualifed names - so this is allowed.
typename is required for all dependent qualified names - so it is not
required here.

It's probably best to change it, provided it doesn't break gcc (which is
pretty strict about requiring typename).

- John.