From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-04 16:21:24

At 07:30 PM 1/3/2001 -0500, Beman Dawes wrote:

>Sooner or later this will get straightened out - there just doesn't seem
>be any way to expedite an IP address change.

The Network Solutions whois server is now showing the new boost.org DNS
information, so hopefully this will soon propagate and www.boost.org will
be again visible to the world.

I've certainly learned more than I want to about name resolution during the
last three days.

Hints for anyone who might have to go through this with Network Solutions
(the big domain name registry) themselves:

   * Set up the password form of change authorization so you don't have to
rely of FAXes for authorization.
   * Do a dry run long before the need for a real change occurs. Change a
postal address or similar to make sure you know how the process works.

Anyhow, I hope this agony is about over.

--Beman <bdawes_at_[hidden]>