From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-05 15:29:06

David Abrahams wrote:
> This may even be
> appropriate, since I am the official maintainer of everything but
> boost/iterator.hpp and Jens' generator_iterator...

The latter always felt wrong where it was, but delivering a
self-contained library was more important to me than maximum
separation. (Others have noted signed_unsigned_compare and
similar stuff needs separation as well.)

In short, it seems to be about time to merge the bits and
pieces from different libraries to form a new and exciting
iterator library.

If we don't have a major release pending, I'm happy with having
the development in the main CVS branch. David, could you
just move ahead and do to random.hpp what you intend? These
reorganizations seem to be best done by a single person; I'll
fix up the (unlikely) mess in the random library afterwards.

Thanks.

Jens Maurer