From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-06 14:54:49

on 1/5/01 6:57 PM, DEAN STURTEVANT at dean_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I think the presence/absence of hash_set etc. is better handled by a
> define such as BOOST_HAS_HASH. This is more principled in the sense
> that hash is not in the C++-standard, and can more easily handle
> cases where a non-compiler-vendor-supplied STL is used (e.g., the
> STLPort).
>
> Right now, boost\config.hpp doesn't really handle this case that well.

Since it seems that hash stuff is useful, maybe we could add hash-based
classes to Boost.

What about red-black trees? I don't know what they are, but I've heard that
they're used in making hashes, sets, etc., so maybe we can make one of those
too. (Where can I find out about them?)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie