From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-07 14:38:19

Daryle Walker wrote on 1/7/2001 1:15 PM
>The main difference is that I provide a totally separate class; the
>recent posts on the other thread describe problems coming from forcing the
>array idea within the "std::auto_ptr" framework. The semantics are
>different. (An array should not have "->" or "*" or conversions; a single
>object should not have "[]" or pointer decay.)

Perhaps an array should not have "->" or "*", or perhaps it should.
Either way I don't see that as a strong argument one way or the other.
The interface of the T[] specialization (or of auto_ary) is technically
independent of std::auto_ptr. It is whatever the class designer decides
it should be.

-Howard