From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-08 22:09:29

----- Original Message -----
From: <rwgk_at_[hidden]>

> Wrapping a clean C++ array library with BPL plus a umath
> substitute would be a wonderful thing to have. NumPy is
> very useful for the end-user, but quite a hack under the hood.
>
> Wouldn't the Blitz++ library seem like a good base package
> for a NumPy replacement?

I was actually asking about replacements for valarray, not NumPy. In any
case, I doubt that Blitz++ would wrap well, since its primary feature is
template metaprogramming. As a matter of fact, some people have been using
"runtime expression templates" in the Python world, but I don't think you
could base this on Blitz++ because in Blitz++ the expression trees are all
computed at compile time.

Regards,
Dave