From: jbandela_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-01-10 16:38:08

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
>I can't count
> the number of times I've found a fantastic library which I had to
quickly
> give up on because its licensing terms would have required my
employer to
> work out some kind of deal with the copyright holder.

I agree completely. In such situations, I have often had to "roll it
myself" instead of using such a library. In addition, the GPL and
other licenses can be somewhat complicated. I like the simplicity of
the Boost license.

In addition, if the boost library is to succeed (ie be in high use in
the C++ community) the commercial users cannot be ignored. While open-
source is growing rapidly, most programmers still earn their living
working on proprietary/commercial projects.

Cheers,

John Bandela